Xara is a fast-growing, international company with core offices in the heart of Berlin and Hemel Hempstead UK. Our team at Xara has years of experience with building innovative, award winning products for the creative software market. Creative software, that encompasses document and content creation of all kinds, is the most used, the most important class of productivity software. Now we are embarking on our next challenge of shaping the future of business web apps.
Node.js Back-End Developer (m/f/d)
Xara is building a SaaS platform for businesses to create, collaborate and control their content. We are a fast growing, international company with a deep background in building innovative, award-winning software products.
You can work…
- In Germany: Our German office is in a spacious modern building in Berlin.
- In the UK: The UK office is at Gaddesden Place, Hemel Hempstead, (25 miles north of London), a country mansion with snooker table and swimming pool.
- Remotely: If remote then you must be within +/- 3 hours of UK time, and there will be occasional visits for face to face meetings with the rest of the team, many of whom are also remote workers. Please do not apply if you are outside these time zones!
- Typical tasks are the implementation of new features, bug-fixes and patches.
- Collaborate with the management and colleagues during the design phase of new features.
- Support/mentor the colleagues and other teams during their investigations.
- Provide second level support when needed.
- An IT or science degree, or equivalent
Solid commercial experience (3 years +) with:
- A solid understanding of scalable architectures
- A desire to work on world-leading web software products
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude to work and the ability to learn quickly
- Good trouble-shooting skills with the perseverance to solve problems
- Able to work productively, both autonomously and as part of a dynamic team
- Commercial experience with high-volume scalable architectures
- Good knowledge of the most common web servers / load balancers (Apache, Nginx, HAProxy)
- Experience with ELK and Grafana
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Experience with Kubernetes
- An interest in online security
Xara creates some of the coolest graphics and creative applications around. We are an engineering-focussed company with some of the most talented developers in the industry, creating world-leading products. This is your opportunity to work on a product that will be used by millions of people, and to contribute to the most amazing, the most slick web-based creative tool being developed today.
- Get a competitive salary, largely dependent on experience
- Work with amazing people that come from all over the world.
- Great opportunity to build the European presence of a fast-paced global growth startup from scratch.
- Flat hierarchies with the ability to make a difference.
Do you want to join us? Please get in touch with us and send us your online application to our HR Management ([email protected]).
Marketing & Growth Manager (m/f/d)
We’re looking for an experienced growth marketer with demonstrated success in B2B and SaaS marketing.
Seniority Level: Mid-senior level
Industry: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Internet
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Marketing, Sales
- Refine our strategy for business customers lead generation and on-boarding
- Identify growth levers, own and drive the growth marketing roadmap and be accountable for the return on investment of the team
- Manage the development and execution of all acquisition programs, optimize funnel conversion rates and ROI
- Plan, execute and iterate marketing campaigns at a rapid pace
- Run growth initiatives end to end: identify opportunities, prioritize projects, design experiments, develop campaign strategy, execute and analyze results
- Own the on-boarding, activation and expand process end to end and become an expert in understanding the customer needs, growth drivers and data behind it
- Understand the market, competitors and customer needs to deliver excellent customer experiences that help us to grow our business
- Give input to our pricing strategy and make sure that the current product offering is reflecting this and performing according to our customers needs
- Drive our awareness and business results through marketing messages, materials and events
- Your efforts will drive B2B lead generation, funnel conversion and retention as well as shape our go-to-market strategy
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies based on business objectives and executing marketing programs that delivered measurable business results
- You have a growth-mindset and take ownership of growth-related metrics
- Results-driven approach to work (experimenting, measuring, iterating)
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are comfortable working with ambiguity and setting measurable goals
- Strong understanding of B2B and enterprise sales strategies
- You are a natural storyteller with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Execute: you have a bias for action and are able to operate in a highly ambiguous environment; you are independent and get energy from building things from scratch
- Outgoing: you love connecting with people, whether it’s a key community member, partner, or potential customer
- Tech: you’re passionate about the start-up communities and new technology businesses
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred, or you’ve earned an on-the-job MBA through your experience
- Strong ability to influence cross-functional teams. Highly collaborative and able to work well with different types of people
- Work with other talented people with leadership responsibilities and the ability to make an impact
- Be part of the team that is bringing the next-generation document design and publishing platform to B2B and mass-market adoption
- Xara enables every team member to be an owner and stakeholder in the company’s success
- Work in a modern office in our headquarter in Berlin with tea, coffee and fresh fruits everyday
Xara is a cutting-edge software design company with a long history of software design excellence. It has a particularly strong technology and innovation track record, pioneering many of the graphics technologies and techniques standard in the industry today. Xara is now focused on the development of advanced business solutions, helping to give businesses the tools they need to grow in the modern work environment. Xara has reached more than one million end-users all over the world. Xara currently has offices in Berlin and Hemel Hempstead UK. Xara is backed by leading institutional investor Bellevue Investments.
We are looking for people who crave a challenge – who want to work at the nexus of reinventing the way people design and create content in the modern workplace. We are a fast moving team with high expectations and a rewarding culture of learning, mentoring, and coaching. If you’re looking to have a practical impact and solve real-world problems, get in touch with us!
For more details on Xara please visit https://xara.com.
If you’re interested in joining the Xara team, please complete the form.